Urological Cancer Surgery in Jaipur
Urology is related to the medical problems in males and female urinary tract systems and male reproductive organ issues. Like other body parts, these organs are also prone to many types of diseases and cancers.
A urologist is a qualified medical professional who treats urological disorders. Further, a urological oncologist specializes in treating urological cancers. He doesn’t only treat but diagnose and stage urological cancer. Surgery is usually the first step of any urological cancer treatment in which the deformed tissue is separated from the body part. As the case requires, different treatments like immunotherapy, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy are used.
Symptoms of Urological Cancers
Not all urological cancers have the same symptoms. Symptoms related to urine and its passage is mainly related to kidney or bladder cancer. Further, pain in the lower body can be indicative to any urological cancers. The significant symptoms related to urological cancers include:
- Pelvic pains and discomfort
- Blood in urine and changed urine color
- Issues with urination like changed urination habits changed urine stream, and painful urination
- Skin symptoms like rashes or lumps
- Weight loss and reduced appetite
Different Types of Urological Cancers
- Bladder Cancer: Bladder cancer is related to the urinary bladder that collects the urine from our body. Different cell mutations can cause bladder cancer. It is more prominent in men than women. The early detection of bladder cancer is synonyms to any possible change in urine color and its discharge. Surgeries and different therapies are employed to cure bladder cancer.
- Kidney Cancer: Kidneys filter blood in our body. Any DNA mutations lead to kidney cancer that requires immediate attention. An average human has two kidneys. Thus, cancer affecting one or both kidneys is kidney cancer and is the most common form of urological cancer.
- Penile Cancer:It is rare cancer that occurs in the penis in males. The penis is a soft tissue organ that excretes urine and carries semen when sexually aroused. It can be treated using simple techniques, and in some cases, the penis needs to be removed surgically.
- Testicular Cancer:Testes in males are responsible for male hormones and sperm formulation. It occurs due to the mutation of germ cells in males. They can be treated using surgery and simple cancer treatments.
- Prostate Cancer:It is another most prominent cancer in men. The prostate gland is responsible for producing seminal fluid for sperms transportation. Your doctor can advise you on the treatment of prostate cancer based on its development and stage.
Treatment of Urological Cancers
- Cystectomy: It is a surgical procedure for treating bladder cancer. It can remove the entire bladder (radical cystectomy) or part of the bladder (partial cystectomy). Reconstructive surgery is performed in case of complete bladder removal. This, thus, facilitates the easy passage of urine from the body. It can be done through laparoscopic surgery or making a small incision in the abdomen.
- Nephrectomy: It is a surgical procedure for treating kidney cancer. A radical nephrectomy is performed to remove the entire kidney in case of advanced cancer. Another type is partial nephrectomy, in which affected kidney cells are removed. It can be done through laparoscopic surgery or open surgery.
- Penile cancer is treated by performing surgery on the male sex organ. Other treatments like radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and biologic therapy are also helpful in penile cancer treatment. Depending on the spread of cancer, the penis needs to be surgically removed in exceptional cases.
- Radical Inguinal Orchiectomy: Testicular cancer is treated using Radical Inguinal Orchiectomy. It is done to remove the entire testicle along with the cancer cells. In this process, the spermatic cord is also removed, which connects the testicle to the abdomen. Another process is Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection, in which cancer-affected lymph nodes near to testicles are also removed.
- Prostatectomy:It is a surgical procedure for treating prostate cancer. It is done to remove the entire prostate in men that is affected by cancer.
How to Prevent Urological Cancer?
- Go for regular medical checkups for the early detection of any cancer development in your body.
- Always go for a healthy lifestyle and nutritious diet rich in fruits, green leafy vegetables, etc
- Practice regular exercise to maintain overall well-being and keep obesity away from you.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol consumption as it severely affects your urological system.
Why Dr. Lokesh Sharma?
Dr. Lokesh Sharma is a seasoned urologist and is facilitated with degrees like MBBS, MS General Surgery, and MCh Urology. With more than 15 years of experience in urology, he has expertise in urology oncology. He has a specialization in diagnosing and treating urological cancers. He has successfully delivered tailor-cut treatments for specific cancers related to males and female’s urinary tract systems and male reproductive organs.
Also, Dr. Lokesh Sharma is accredited with more than 200 urological cancer surgery procedures. He is a well-known name in the Indian medical sector with enormous publications and researches. Termed as a people’s man, patients abbreviate him as a humble, genuine, and high-end professional.
Urinary fistula Testing procedure.
Depending on the location of the fistula the doctor may examine the lower colon or conduct-
- Radionuclide cystogram
- Retrograde cystogram
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Computed tomography scan
- Ultrasound test
- Retrograde pyrography
- Intravenous urography
- Treatment procedure
- Conservative therapy
Why Urocare Jaipur?
Urocare Jaipur should be your first choice as:
- Expertise in treating localized urological cancers.
- A multi-disciplinary team of doctors for a strict check on patient’s responses to treatment.
- Personalized cancer treatment is entirely based on the extent and type of urological cancer.
- Best-in-class medical infrastructure for full support to cancer patients.
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment for best scanning and detecting urological cancers.
- Trained staff for providing compassionate care to cancer patients.
- Observe excellent standards of hospital hygiene with a special department for patient hygiene.
- Focus on effective urological cancer treatment with minimal side effects.
- Works on strict medical ethics and code of conduct.
- Reasonable rates for urological cancer treatment.
Consult UroCare Jaipur Today!
With an experience of 15 years, Dr. Lokesh Sharma is a senior urologist in Jaipur. Dr. Lokesh Sharma got his degree from a prestigious and renowned SMS Medical College in Jaipur and is known for his work ethic and his way of operating. He is one of the best doctors who provide Urinary Fistula Treatment in Jaipur at an affordable cost.