Urethral Stricture Treatment in Jaipur.
Urethral Stricture Treatment in Jaipur – The urethra is a thin tube in males and females whose main job is to pass urine outside the body but for men, this thin tube also has an important role in ejaculation. urethral stricture occurs when an injury or infection or a scar from swelling blocks or slows the flow of urine in this tube. Some people can feel the pain due to urethral stricture. If you have experienced difficulty in urinating or unusual urinary symptoms then you may have a urethral stricture. you may now go for urethral stricture treatment in Jaipur at the Urocare clinic.
What is Urethral Stricture?
Urethral stricture is a medical condition of the reproductive system that mostly affects men where there is a restriction or problem of urinary flow due to narrow urethra. The urethra is usually a wide tube for urine to flow freely from the bladder through the penis and out the urethral meatus so it can be expelled from the body. But due to urethral stricture, the urethra becomes narrow and many men will have increasing discomfort and difficulty while urinating. Urethral stricture develops gradually and can lead to pushing or straining to get out urine. The problem shows up suddenly or without prior difficulty and is sometimes painful so it needs immediate medical attention. Get Urethral Stricture Treatment in Jaipur by Dr. Lokesh Sharma.
Causes of urethral stricture
The most common cause for urethral stricture appears to be chronic injury or inflammation and urethral manipulation.
Urethral manipulation includes-
- Damage due to an indwelling urethral catheter
- Having prior prostate brachytherapy which is a type of cancer treatment
- Having a prior prostatectomy
- Correction of surgery of hypospadias
It is estimated that 45% of urethral stricture occurs due to urethral manipulation for treatment, another 20% is due to the bacterial infection causing inflammation in the urethra and the rest 30% is due to unknown cause.
Urethral stricture can be caused due to injury and chronic inflammation where scar tissues can gradually form from:
- An infection that is caused by sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia.
- Injury to your scrotum or penis or a straddle injury to the perineum or scrotum.
- Placement of instruments for catheters during surgery into the urethra.
- Discard tissues can cause the urethra to become narrow and make the urine difficult to flow out.
- Untreated sexually transmitted infections such as balanitis, xerotica, obliterans, gonorrhoea and Chlamydia.
Symptoms of urethral stricture
There are several symptoms of urethral stricture which includes
- Frequent infections in the urinary tract.
- Increased frequency of the urination.
- A feeling that makes you think that your bladder is not empty even after urinating.
- Swelling of the penis and its surrounding structures.
- Taking a longer time than usual to urinate.
- Urinary urgency and pain while urinating.
- Decreased urinary stream and dribbling of urine.
- Urinary retention .
- The Bloody or dark appearing urine also known as hematuria.
- Blood in semen.
- Urinary incontinence and discharge from the urethra.
- Stone in bladder.
- Pelvic pain and straining to urinate.
- Ejaculation force reduction.
Need for Test
If a unit cell structure is suspected then a test is to be done to determine the flow rate of urine which involves measuring and passing of urine and how much it passes per second.
An 8-inch telescope called Cytoscape is used to look into the urethra which will be needed to access the stricture.
A special x-ray should be taken where it can show the severity or site of the stricture.
Urethral Stricture Treatment in Jaipur
Urethral Stricture Treatment in Jaipur – To prevent possible complications and to ease the symptoms and improve the flow rate of urine, the treatment is usually advised by a specialist surgeon called a urologist. A urologist is a person who treats the problems and issues related to the urinary tracts such as conditions affecting the bladder, prostate, penis, and kidney. The treatment that will be advised to you by the specialist depends upon the factors such as the length of the site or the structure of stricture along with the general well-being and age of the person.
- A thin telescope is passed into the urethra to locate the exact size and structure of the ureteral stricture.
- This is done during a general anaesthetic where to cut along the urethral stricture, a tiny knife is then passed down to a telescope.
- This makes the narrow ureteral stricture widen and you will get relief of symptoms from this procedure.
Most of the men get cured by undergoing this process but like deletion, the procedure may have to be repeated as the structure may reform from time to time in some cases.
If urethrotomy doesn’t work then a correct operation also called urethroplasty is carried out for relief from urethral stricture. Grafting is usually done from the inside of your cheek to form the new section of your stricture. As the technique continues to improve and your specialist will advise you with an operation that will likely be successful for the best length and site of your stricture. The surgery has the highest success rate including the symptoms where grafting is done similar to that of skin grafting inside the lining of the urethra.
3. Widening of the stricture
- A thin plastic rod is passed into the urethra and the process is carried out under local or general anaesthetic.
- To gradually dialect the narrow stricture, rods of increasing thickness urgently inserted.
A repeat dilation is needed so often when symptoms reappear as a stricture starts gradually to narrow again after each dilation. The greater is the chance of cure with the help of dilation if shorter is the stricture and it is relatively easy to process to do, so you may try this first.
About Doctor Lokesh Sharma
With an experience of 15 years, Dr. Lokesh Sharma is a senior urologist in Jaipur provide Urethral Stricture Treatment in Jaipur. Dr. Lokesh Sharma has got his degree from a prestigious and renowned SMS Medical College in Jaipur and is known for his work ethic and his way of operating.
- Dr. Lokesh Sharma is a dignified and prestigious urologist with tremendous experience in laparoscopic surgery, urethral stricture disease and hypospadias, stone surgery, renal transplant Cancer surgery and many other urology-related issues.
- He has the most advanced qualification in surgery that is M.Ch. in Urology. Not only that, he is a professor and Unit head of the department of urology.
- He prefers short and simple treatment over highly complicated procedures and prescribes medicine that is easily affordable and available.
- Lokesh Sharma is an expert professional who has done more than 200 laparoscopies in urology procedures.
- He strongly believes in building the relationship between the patient and the doctor which can make the treatment more beneficial.
With all these qualities Dr. Lokesh Sharma is a great exceptional urologist you can consult as his wisdom can guide you to make much more informed decisions in surgery. Thus, you can enhance your trust in him for any of your urological surgery or medical procedures.
Why Choose Urocare Jaipur?
Urocare Jaipur has provided the best urological treatments over the years. The staff and the management are cooperative and friendly providing 24/7 services.? The experienced professionals and technicians take good care of their patients and build a strong relationship to clarify their doubts regarding the surgery without hesitation. The cost of the treatment or surgery is affordable and cost-effective providing the best in class medical infrastructure and medication. Treatments are done with the latest diagnostic equipment for the best scanning and detecting of urological problems. Connect with Dr. Lokesh Sharma for Urethral Stricture Treatment in Jaipur by One of the best Urologist in Jaipur.